Waterlust Canoe Article

Waterlust Canoe builder Clemens Wirgen has part 1 of a 3 part article in Duckworks Magazine

Laszlo

7 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Waterlust Canoe Article

Super!! Thanks for posting that!

Clemens & Doug Cameron appear to be the leaders in posting their experiences with this design. I have to wonder how many Waterlust kits CLC’s shipped since its introduction a year ago & how many have been launched by now?

Thanks Laszlo for posting. Parts 2 and 3 are now also up

Clemens, I enjoyed reading all the parts of your fine article. You've certainly built a lovely boat!

Thanks Birch2!   

Clemens,

I especially enjoyed reading about the Wye Island trip. I keep thinking that that trip is exactly what my Faering Cruiser is designed for, but I haven't been able to go since I acquired the boat.One year the trip was cancelled, another year the entire festival was cancelled. Last year I couldn't make it because of work and you had your trip with perfect weather. You're welcome :-) But maybe this year...

Dillon and CLC had a really good day at that festival. Not only did his Waterlust Canoe design win the pair of awards you mentioned, but he helmed my Faering Cruiser to a blue ribbon in the sailboat race (Cruiser class). That's a good crop of awards for one designer and one company.

I hope to run into you (figuratively) on the water this season. Enjoy your boat and keep writing about your adventures.

Laszlo

Actual serious question in the Canoecopia booth today: "John, are you and Laszlo the same person? Is 'Laszlo' a nom de guerre?"

Answer: I wish I was Laszlo. I take some comfort knowing that we are related.

To put this matter to rest, here's a photo of Laszlo and me.  I am on the left, Laszlo is on the right.

You saw it here first, folks - Laszlo rendered speechless.   

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.