I am become John...

... the builder of boats.

If forewarned is four-armed, is he trying to put a hex on us?

Laszlo

10 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: I am become John...

Hmm. Six arms. That could make him Ganesha, the Hindu god of beginnings, thereby subtly inspiring us to buy that kit and get busy building it. . . . But he could equally well be Shiva, the Destroyer, pointing out that if we don't use the right tools (from CLC, I assume), we are quite likely to make a Viking funeral pyre of our botched boat.

Three sanders. That's about right. Those better be magic clamp though or you're going to need more.

That large, corded disc sander in his middle-right hand scares the willies out of me....

("We love our Photoshop, oh yes we do-ooo..." sung to the tune of a melody from Bye Bye Birdie, from an entirely different era than the one in which we now find ourselves....)   

I actually played in the pit orchestra for a few Bye Bye Birdie productions.

I hate you spclark, I really do...

That song has always been an incredibly potent earworm for me. I woke up this morning starting the third day of it being stuck in my ear. Thanks a lot.

Laszlo

PS - I don't really hate you, just good-natured grumbling all in fun

Laszlo penned: "That song has always been an incredibly potent earworm for me.... Thanks a lot."

My apologies!

All I get on my internal channel 24/7/365 is tinnitus....

CLC John mentioned: "I actually played in the pit orchestra for a few Bye Bye Birdie productions."

Music Man started my theatrical endeavors as a freshman in HS, 1963. Didn't try out for BBB sophmore year.

Did Ben Huckelbee in Fantasticks  as a junior, then landed King Arthur in Camelot as a senior so I guess I grew into larger roles.

Hope everyone attending CLC's Open House today is having A FIne Time of it! I'm enjoying a few days off-work (save for continuing efforts towards completing my Waterlust project) before we get a taste of Ole' Man Winter early next week.

I get that tinnitus channel too. I'm never alone.

Tis' that time of year, the day after the open house, when I perform my annual duty to remind the good folks at CLC to turn off the audio on the shop cam. 

I occasionally use magic incantations while boat building and I know I wouldn't want them aired to the world.

As an old artilleryman, I like to think of tinnitus as a field of crickets on a warm summer night.   

>>>>>>>>>
Tis' that time of year, the day after the open house, when I perform my annual duty to remind the good folks at CLC to turn off the audio on the shop cam. 

I occasionally use magic incantations while boat building and I know I wouldn't want them aired to the world.
>>>>>>>

Ha! Thank you! The incantations that get muttered in the classroom here are never magical...

As a subscriber to the tinnitus channel, with a free lifetime membership thanks to 40 years of air tools under fenders, I must say that my incantations and earworms will rival any boat builder ;-)

Happy holidays! 

Oh, and speak up sonny,

Dan

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.