Maryland Recreational Boating Ban Lifted

10 minutes from now marylanders will no longer have to use the exercise and acquiring food exceptions to go paddling or rowing as long as we follow the following rules:

• Boaters must be with immediate family members or people with which they reside. 
  • No more than 10 people can be on a boat at one time, including captain and crew.
  • Boats must be distanced from each other by at least 10 feet and are prohibited from rafting up, beaching, or having rendezvous events.
  • Boats are prohibited from docking at restaurants or bars.
  • Vessel and boat races remain prohibited.
  • Marinas can reopen to recreational boaters, but must adhere to Maryland Departments of Commerce and Health guidelines.
  • Pump-out stations and boats may resume operations under the Departments of Commerce and Health guidelines.
  • Local jurisdictions may choose to open public boat ramps, but must ensure social distancing guidelines.
  • All normal boating rules and regulations are in effect and must be followed

Expect all those people "working from home" to be at the ramps and other launch sites, so be careful and watch your distancing.

Now if only the weather will cooperate and stop raining and blowing.

Laszlo

1 reply:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Maryland Recreational Boating Ban Lifted

excellent.   i have continued my 'exercise' paddles and was out just this weekend......so it will be nice to be able to slow down and recreate a bit.

since each kayak is a boat....and i don't have a double, staying a little over half a boat length apart should be manageable:)

based on latest schedule, we will be teleworking through June....so my invitation to paddle after 4:00 PM remains

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOhm0ErK_yaxyHkfGidUkJRW8y_6QR6-v0Y7M1PYTBB1YgBEvSZINtbGfVmcDb9sg/photo/AF1QipPlsSuUHSIdGMi_rfROyeXoO0MSCbD_zdsWyQY4?key=ZnBDNS0ySjJkUlFHZ2d5RmNGWWtqUWhyUzkzVlZn

picture is out watching the flybys while exercising

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.