Calling all John C. Harris fans

The Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum's Winter Speaker series has gone virtual and their first speaker is John, the topic is "Chesapeake Light Craft and the Business of Building Boats ". It will be on Zoom Wednesday February 2nd from 1:00 to 2:00 PM. The official CBMM blurb is:

Since 1991, Chesapeake Light Craft has manufactured and shipped more than 40,000 kits, helping thousands of boatbuilders assemble everything from dinghies to kayaks to teardrop campers. Owner and managing director John C. Harris traces his path from building boats in his parents’ garage to leading the largest build-your-own-boat-kit business in the world. He will talk about how he designs wooden boats accessible to amateur builders, and the contortions required to write assembly manuals for rank beginners—always difficult, sometimes futile, and often hilarious.

Personally, I'm very interested if he's going to see his shadow as he crawls out of the cockpit onto his deck. I need to know if I have to wait 6 more weeks before I can start using epoxy in an unheated garage again.

Details are at the CBMM events page.

Laszlo

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Calling all John C. Harris fans

"I need to know if I have to wait 6 more weeks before I can start using epoxy in an unheated garage again."

This is the biggest truth of the year

RE: Calling all John C. Harris fans

<Shudders> First time I've seen the word "fans" in the same sentence as my name.

Laszlo, you've seen most of this presentation before...  

About 1980...

About 1982...

Age 15 and 45...

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.