1" Fillet RADIUS? (Eastport nesting)

Hello all. Assembling Eastport nesting pram kit, this is my third clc boat and my 2nd kit. I mu st say the way it goes together is pretty remarkable. One question i have is on bulkhead fillet size. I have used the 1" filter radius on the forward side of the bulkhead, it's huge and clunky looking. Now i move to the backside and test fit the centerboard trunk. The forward corner of the trunk where it would sit on the bullhead fillet is decidedly NOT a 1" radius but a 1" DIAMETER. (roughly the diameter of a quarter). This is a significant difference as the forward fillet took about three cups of thickened epoxy. Waiting for clc to open but hoping someone here could provide clarity? Cheers

1 reply:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: 1" Fillet RADIUS? (Eastport nesting)

Did you confirm with CLC? A 1" radius is definitely a big fillet, but it looks to me like that's probably what they used in the official class (see below). I guess it makes sense given that the bulkheads not only provide structure to the boat but also support seats/thwarts. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlvty_FXJx0

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.